Definitions and interpretation
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to Cressida Rolaco Ltd via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;|
|Data Protection Laws||any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;|
|GDPR||the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;|
|Cressida Rolaco Ltd, we or us||Cressida Rolaco Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 11864848 whose registered office is at International House, 24 Holborn Viaduct, EC1A 2BN;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Cressida Rolaco Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Cressida Rolaco Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, https://fundingsmiths.com/, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Cressida Rolaco Ltd is the “data controller”. This means that Cressida Rolaco Ltd determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- date of birth;
- job title;
- contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
How we collect Data
- We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you ; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
- Cressida Rolaco Ltd will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- when you use our services;
Data that is collected automatically
- To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
Our use of Data
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- This will be used to assess the likelihood of commercial lending and equally assess which lenders to approach for funding upon full qualification for business funding purposes.;
- We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
Who we share Data with
- We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- our employees, agents and/or professional advisors – In order to process the application for funding we will need to be supplied with information, including accounts and personal financial details, by you, the Client, and by other sources such as your Bank and credit reference agencies. We may also, when authorised by you in writing, apply for supplementary information from your professional or other advisers. We will record this information (whether in manually operated or automated systems) and retain it only as long as we are required by law to do so. We will keep it as securely as possible. We will use the information to assess the application, to approach a number of selected funders and, subsequently, in negotiations for the issue of an offer of funding with them. In order to do so, we will disclose such of this information as is necessary to negotiate terms with a funding source, with employees of this business, any guarantor required by the funder, any person or organisation necessary to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements to which we may be subject, and anyone else whom you may specifically authorise in writing. We may also use the information to monitor and analyse our business and, unless you instruct us in writing not to do so, contact you with details of products or services which may be of interest to you.;
- relevant authorities – In order to process the application for funding we will need to be supplied with information, including accounts and personal financial details, by you, the Client, and by other sources such as your Bank and credit reference agencies. We may also, when authorised by you in writing, apply for supplementary information from your professional or other advisers. We will record this information (whether in manually operated or automated systems) and retain it only as long as we are required by law to do so. We will keep it as securely as possible. We will use the information to assess the application, to approach a number of selected funders and, subsequently, in negotiations for the issue of an offer of funding with them. In order to do so, we will disclose such of this information as is necessary to negotiate terms with a funding source, with employees of this business, any guarantor required by the funder, any person or organisation necessary to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements to which we may be subject, and anyone else whom you may specifically authorise in writing. We may also use the information to monitor and analyse our business and, unless you instruct us in writing not to do so, contact you with details of products or services which may be of interest to you.;
Keeping Data secure
- We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
- we store your Data on secure servers.
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology.
- We are certified to Information Commissioners Office. This family of standards helps us manage your Data and keep it secure.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
- You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
06 March 2020